Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Slightly Manic Me

So, Maude, is acting up now.  But not really bad.  I am in a hypomanic state.  This means that I have lots of energy.  I want to do lots of things, all at once.  However, if I do too much it will wake my fibro dragon, Esmerelda, up.  I really want to be at home cleaning my house.  But I am stuck here at the office doing paperwork and when I get home I will be busy doing school work. 
For anyone who doesn't know, bipolar causes you to have extreme mood swings.  I am either really, really happy or really, really sad.  Unfortunatley, there is no, or very little, "middle ground" with me.  For the longest time I thought this was how everyone felt.  But, then my depression got really bad and I knew that I wasn't in the land of "normal" anymore.  Right now, I am really, really happy.  It's good in some ways.  I have lots of energy and am in an overly good mood.  The down side is I get easily irritated.  I have decreased appetite.  I want to do too many things at once.  Right now, I am talking on the phone and blogging.  I feel like I am super woman.  I also have a tendency to over-spend when hypomanic.  And I want to save the world.  I'm beginning with the dogs.  I am working with Lost Without You Animal Rescue.  I really want to foster a dog, or a cat, or just help in some small way.  
Esmerelda, my fibromyalgia dragon, is being somewhat good for the moment.  We are keeping her quiet with the right combo of drugs and therapy.  But, I have learned that the slightest thing can wake Esmerelda up.  And when she wakes up, she is not happy.  I am having some slight pain today.  But it isn't enough to slow me down.  I have pain pretty much every day.  But I try to not let it stop me from doing the things I love to do. 
So, for now, I am good to go.  I just need to get gooing on my paperwork at work.  I hope everyone who reads this has a wonderful, blessed day.

1 comment:

  1. Great Blog! Don't let Maude take you shopping or bring home too many animals to foster. It sounds like you know how to put her in her place because you have named her and know when she comes to visit.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete